LMS Vendor Recommendations

Options
SYoung
SYoung Member Posts: 14 Navigator
First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
Hi GGR Community! Reading through the posts on LMS and there is a lot of great back and forth. Looking for an updated recommendation re: LMS vendor to strengthen our customer implementation and onboarding (SaaS)? What are you using? What have you vetted? Looking for all recommendations. Thank you!

Comments

• Rod Cherkas
    Rod Cherkas Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello - I have worked with several clients to implement Skilljar. We also used Skilljar when I oversaw the education organization when I worked at Gainsight. Let me know if you would like me to introduce you to someone there. 
  • Doug Havlik
    Doug Havlik Member, CS Leader Posts: 21 Thought Leader
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Likes First Comment
    Options
    SYoung,

While not an LMS, because you mention implementation and onboarding I want to point you to GuideCX. We recently evaluated it at Thomaon Reuters Document Intelligence and expect it would measurably improve our customers’ onboarding success. 

Doug
  • Ashton Liu
    Ashton Liu Member Posts: 29 Expert
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, I've used Skilljar as well. I think it does a pretty good job of doing what you're trying to do. Happy to chat and share notes if that would help. 
    -Ashton
  • kmulhalljr
    kmulhalljr Member Posts: 40 Navigator
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper 2023 Success Network - Supporter
    Options
    +3 for Skilljar
  • SYoung
    SYoung Member Posts: 14 Navigator
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks  @Rod Cherkas @Doug Havlik @Ashton Liu and @kmulhalljr   ! Appreciate it so much. I'll definitely reach out to learn more as we vet them. 
  • Amanda Watson
    Amanda Watson Member, CS Leader Posts: 31 Expert
    First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Likes
    Options
    This is great info! We are researching LMS platforms now. We are encountering issues with the number of end users (we would likely have 100k+) and the need to present continuing education certificates.

• kmulhalljr
    Options
    @Amanda Watson - a couple of questions regarding your scenario - is the total number of users based on a staff to learner environment? What's the break down (thinking core licensing needs vs guest-user)? Industry-wise, what's the focus? And what CE affiliates are we talking about?
  • Amanda Watson
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @kmulhalljr We are a professional tax software developer with close to 100k firms using our products. Most firms are SMBs that would have several users accessing an LMS for software training and CE for tax professionals (CPAs, Attorneys, and IRS  CE credits).
  • kmulhalljr
    Options
    @Amanda Watson - My first thought is typically to turn to SharePoint, particularly as it doesn't require a 1:1 licensing relationship - users of the LMS (your customers) can be provided 'guest' access to a SharePoint site (Communication, Hub, etc.). The ratio in Azure AD used to be 1:5 (licensed user to guest) but I was recently told that is no longer the case & your tenant guest limit is based on the number of pings or logins against the resource (50,000). I'll verify this and circle back. I've also reached out to a product analyst I know with Gartner for their thoughts as well.
  • Amanda Watson
    Options
    @kmulhalljr Thank you! Sounds great!