Requesting Help Developing Target Company List - Crowdsourcing!

Options
KimberlyReneeKnowles
KimberlyReneeKnowles Member Posts: 21 Navigator
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper

I'm hoping to do some #crowdsourcing here with your help.

My goal is to develop a target list of companies and start conducting informational interviews with people at those companies over the next couple of months to familiarize myself with the organizations and identify potential referrals for when I start applying for #CSM jobs in Spring / Summer.

My ideal company would:

✔ Have around 50-200 employees (or maybe sub-1000?)

✔ Be related to Higher Education, Career Development, Human Resources, Learning & Development or Employee Engagement

✔ Have an office in the Chicago area

✔ Be open to remote or hybrid work

✔Have an established product and processes but be working on scallng their CS organization

💡 Which companies can you think of that check some (or all) of those boxes? Or can you think of "hidden gem" companies that I should take a look at even if they don't meet all of these criteria?

💡 Bonus points if you have contacts at those companies that you would be willing to help introduce me too!

Comments

• Michelle Wideman
    Michelle Wideman Member Posts: 54 Navigator
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Comment
    edited January 2023
    Options

@KimberlyReneeKnowles this sounds like a great task for LinkedIn, so you can set up alerts. Check out this video on how to set it up. Hone is a great company that meets a lot of your criteria as is BetterUp.

• KimberlyReneeKnowles
    Options

@Michelle Wideman Thank you so much for this information! I apologize - I missed your reply back originally. I am interested in Better Up but hadn't heard of Hone yet - will definitely check it out!

• KimberlyReneeKnowles
    Options

That is an excellent suggestion about setting up job alerts too. I have some general alerts but I think they are too overwhelming. Once I get my target company list more honed, I think I'll set up a specific LinkedIn job alert for each one. Thanks!