Watch out for scam text messages targeting members

Options
Sean L'Italien
Sean L'Italien Member Posts: 3 Navigator
First Anniversary First Comment

Just wanted to give a heads up, I got a scam text message from someone claiming to be Jay Nathan last night and the area code matched South Carolina. It seemed off from the beginning but I'm assuming they were targeting members of GGR. I confirmed with him that he wasn't texting me (we've never talked other than being connected on LinkedIn).

After messing around with the scammer for a little bit, he stopped and blocked me :) but it was an Apple Card scam.

I'd imagine most people on here are savvy enough to know its a scam but I've never had one of these use someone's name I'm familiar with and go as far as securing a number in the state they have listed as home on LinkedIn.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.