Customer Success Team Training Options - Does anyone have any recommendations?

Options
Josue Rodriguez
Josue Rodriguez Member Posts: 2 Navigator
edited August 2023 in CS Org Conversations
Hello All,

I lead a small team of CSMs who all come from varied backgrounds at a local startup.  I am interested in having a baseline training for my team to ensure we are all approaching CS with a common unifying experience and I came across a product called Success Coaching.  I am curious to know if anyone has had any experiences with this training or if there are other training programs that you could recommend as I want to ensure I am not allowing the pace of startup world get in the way of developing my team to serve my customers.  Thanks in advance for any experiences with this product or alternative approaches to training and development you can provide.

Comments

• Klaas Schippers
    Klaas Schippers Member Posts: 2 Navigator
    edited August 2020
    Options

Hello Josue, 

My team and I have followed the succesCOACHING course, it is officially accredited (the 1st level at least) and can be followed completely online. It has 12 different modules that can be done at your own pace. Some of it is really basic, to the point that you would rather click through it, but having completed the course I feel that I have had good takeaways from it, there are always areas one can improve in. 

You could follow the course yourself first and then decide if you want the others to join, I believe its 200USD per attendee, but that might have changed. They sometimes also have lower pricing. 

All the best, 

Klaas

• Josue Rodriguez
    Josue Rodriguez Member Posts: 2 Navigator
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi Klaas,

Thank you so much for your response.  This really helps in my decision making process.
  • Shari Srebnick
    Shari Srebnick Member Posts: 111 Expert
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited August 2020
    Options
    In addition to successCOACHING by SuccessHacker, there is also The Success League.  We've used TSL a few times over the years and they're fantastic.  Our team definitely walked away with some valuable knowledge and ability to start implementing things we learned ASAP.
  • Kevin Mitchell Leonor
    Kevin Mitchell Leonor Member Posts: 248 Expert
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I also can vouch for SuccessCoaching by SuccessHacker. One of the things I loved about it is that it involved a group setting where we were able to equate our weekly lessons to real-life business challenges. Not just our own business challenges. So you are exposed to many use cases and business challenges for key CS methodologies. Helpful because some of the problems the others faced may end up being a challenge your org faces in the future. So it was like having a weekly GGR before we had GGR.
  • Andreas Knoefel
    Andreas Knoefel Member Posts: 74 Expert
    First Comment
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I second @Shari Srebnick's opinion. TheSuccessLeague has both an executive and practitioner track that are in sync. The certification covers the ASAP Aha tips&tricks as well as more strategic best practices. ??