Is Customer Success the right place to build a career in?
Hey CS leaders, CS managers and CS believers!
I'm trying to understand if the Success role, the org chart and the investment in Customer Success is growing.
I understand that more and more CCOs (Chief Customer Officers) exist now, and hence there is definitely more recognition of the Success org, but I don't know the trends.
Would someone be able to point me in the direction of:
- Is the number of people in CS roles growing? (What are the numbers vs growth expectations)
- (Or are the number of job openings likely to grow, and are there stats behind that)
- What the current CS org looks like vs the next few years of CS org charts look like?
- How CS roles change from small/medium SaaS companies to enterprise SaaS companies?
- Some idea on the growth in investment from SaaS companies into Customer Success.
For instance one other growing trend that I've noticed is that inside sales is growing like crazy, and many companies, are tending towards becoming fully inside sales driven, leading to huge changes/investment in inside sales org structures.
Thanks for bearing with my questions and allowing me to learn from the community. Looking forward to getting to know many many of you here, over the next few months!
- All Categories
- 133 GGR Cafe
- 172 CS Conversations
- 960 CS Operations Conversations
- CS Org Conversations
- 205 CS Technology
- 648 Customer Journey
- 274 Digital CS (Engagement Programs)
- 32 Industry Insights
- 90 Metrics & Analytics
- 17 Value Realization
- 191 Strategy & Planning
- 15 Future Customer Success Professionals
- 7 Supporters of Gain Grow Retain
- 1 Gain Supporters
- 2 Higher Logic Vanilla
- 1 Totango
- 2 Grow Supporters
- 2 Catalyst
- 1 ChurnZero
- 4 Retain Supporters
- 1 Northpass
- Interested in Supporting Gain Grow Retain?
- Contact Us
- 18 Welcome to the Community
- 157 Job Board
- 173 Customer Success Leadership Community