Adoption Features: Survey/Benchmarking

Options
Baba Majekodunmi
Baba Majekodunmi Member Posts: 3 Navigator
edited October 2023 in CS Org Conversations
Hello Everyone!

I have a question about Adoption features, and the best way to survey customers to see whether or not they know how to use those features.

we have to rely on a survey because our software, at least the one in question isn't saas, and is still onprem, but now under subscription pricing. But of course I'd like the survey to be open for any customer to access it and for us to use the data  as a guide/benchmark for leading indicators of success.

Has anyone done something like this before? I was planning on using SurveyMonkey. Any thoughts on this?

Best Regards,
Baba

Comments

• Anita Toth
    Anita Toth Member Posts: 246 Expert
    Photogenic 5 Insightfuls First Anniversary
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @Baba Majekodunmi  Are you looking more for a survey tool or how to structure the survey to get the best results?  (or it is both? ?
  • Baba Majekodunmi
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hi @Anita Toth!

Well, both. I just did a rough draft in survey monkey, my hope is to be able to score the survey. For example I have check boxes in the survey so respondents can check the box for the features they are familiar with and comfortable performing. I haven't checked the advanced settings in SurveyMonkey yet, but I want to be able to score the survey to start benchmarking successful customers against those who are new, or possibly even have churned.

what are your thoughts on both a recommend survey tool and how to score it? I will send you the link to pilot survey privately for your thoughts.
  • Anita Toth
    Anita Toth Member Posts: 246 Expert
    Photogenic 5 Insightfuls First Anniversary
    edited November 2020
    Options

@Baba Majekodunmi

While you're still trying things out and your survey needs are small, Survey Monkey or Typeform are fine. (I would suggest looking into Waypoint's TopBox at some point too as your survey needs grow.)

The biggest thing is to structure your survey correctly so your response rates are high right from the start.

Regardless of the platform, there are ways to create surveys that have high response rates.

Here's how to do that:

1) set up in your mind that the survey is a conversation (not a one time deal). This is important for #2.

2) have 1 goal for the survey ( you can have other goals in other surveys) because you're setting this up as a conversation

3) decide how often this survey will be sent out

4) choose 3-5 questions to ask (mix of closed and open questions)

5) decide how you'll close the loop 

6) remember to close the loop with customers

Important
    1) This is a conversation. You'll be sending smaller emails over a period of time (weekly, monthly, every quarter). 
    2) By closing the loop with customers, they will be more likely to respond to your next survey. By making it a conversation, you increase the response rate and you get better data.

Closing the Loop

Closing the loop with customers can mean:

1) speaking directly with them via video or phone
    2) sending an email with fun or interesting facts from the survey
    3) sending a short personalized video to them

You can get as creative as you want with closing the loop. The point is, customers will be surprised (and delighted) that their voice was heard. By closing the loop each time, they know they'll get a response back. This makes them more likely to respond to future surveys. PLUS it also helps to build trust and loyalty -- all in one go.

• Baba Majekodunmi
    edited November 2020
    Options
    This is awesome @Anita Toth ! I really appreciate the detail here. I will be circling back to this as I develop the survey. Thank you!!