Customer Success Renewal Pipeline Management: Research

Lawrence Waldman
Lawrence Waldman Member Posts: 3 Navigator
First Anniversary
edited October 2023 in CS Conversations
GGR Community --

My team and I are developing a series of leadership training sessions to help them effectively manage their teams and books of business. One of the parallels we are drawing for them is that the Customer Journey from Sale>Onboarding>Success Path>Renewal is akin to a sales opportunity (Discover Need>Develop Solution>Proposal>Close...or whatever sales journey you choose). I have been looking to see if there is any Gartner/McKinsey/HBR research similar to the 100s I see on managing a sales and opportunity pipeline for Customer Success, but thus far, haven't found any. If anyone has seen or read something that they thought was helpful, I would love to see it!

Thank you, and have a great weekend!

Regards
Lawrence

Comments

• Steve Bernstein
    Steve Bernstein Member Posts: 133 Expert
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2020
    So true, @Lawrence Waldman and glad you posed this question.  Our customers of Waypoint's TopBox SaaS see that asking the right questions of the right people at the right time, then LISTENING and ADDRESSING what they tell you -- just like good sales people do -- is the missing piece in most CS orgs. Here are articles from McKinsey with a cool case study (if a "commodity" Steel manufacturer can see results then surely tech can as well?), and a more detailed article on methodology.

Stop Chasing Renewals: Here's How to Keep Customers Engaged So Renewals (and More!) Will Just Come | Waypoint Group
    Waypointgroup remove preview
    Stop Chasing Renewals: Here's How to Keep Customers Engaged So Renewals (and More!) Will Just Come | Waypoint Group
    Too busy fighting figurative fires? Upon benchmarking his native city of Boston to his adopted city of Philadelphia, Benjamin Franklin wrote the famous line "...an Ounce of Prevention is worth a Pound of Cure..." and instilled practices that were proven to reduce fires in the first place.
    View this on Waypointgroup >

Case study: Building a customer-centric B2B organization
    McKinsey & Company remove preview
    Case study: Building a customer-centric B2B organization
    Customer experience (CX) is an increasingly important strategic topic in the boardrooms of B2B companies in China and throughout the world. Despite the rapid development of the previous decades, the "growth first" principle of Chinese enterprises sometimes implies customer experience can be sacrificed.
    View this on McKinsey & Company >