Does your company have any standard operating procedures documents, how is it structured and how doe

Options
Daniel Jiang
Daniel Jiang Member Posts: 3 Navigator
edited July 2020 in CS Technology

Hi!

I was wondering about how many companies here use SOP documents. Does your company have any standard operating procedures documents, how is it structured and how does it fit with CRM software like Zendesk?

Comments

• Kevin Mitchell Leonor
    Kevin Mitchell Leonor Member Posts: 248 Expert
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

Yes and it is usually structured as the following

Problem statement:

Solution:

Materials:

Stakeholders affected:

Procedures:

Risk/Barriers:

Post-play maintenance:

• Alex Turkovic
    Alex Turkovic Member Posts: 61 Expert
    First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

We've built entire team playbooks which contain scenario-based SOPs that can be easily referenced. These procedures were put in place and designed during implementation of the tool (Zendesk), which means all of the ticket forms align nicely with the documentation, eliminating the guesswork needed to get tasks done quickly and correctly.

• Daniel Jiang
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hi @Alex Turkovic  that sounds awesome! Are these playbooks that contain the scenario-based SOPs from an app or extension within Zendesk or is this something customised that you guys built on your own?

• Alex Turkovic
    First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

They are primarily built using Google Docs and Google Sites. We do use the community functionality of zendesk for both client facing and internal documentation, though we have yet to integrate that work into the ticket forms themselves.

• Daniel Jiang
    edited June 2020
    Options

@Alex Turkovic  this is very interesting and something which I am currently exploring. Is there a way to contact you directly to perhaps set up a voice chat and find out a little bit more? 

• Alex Turkovic
    First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

Sure thing! Here is my Calendly link if you want to find a time slot that works for a chat: https://calendly.com/alex-turkovic/30min

• Jim Ashley
    Jim Ashley Member Posts: 7 Seeker
    First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

Did you connect on this? I would love to hear about this, as well. We are fixing Zendesk as we speak (and Hubspot for that matter), but would love your insight on this. 

• Alex Turkovic
    First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

Yes! @Daniel Jiang and I had a nice conversation. He's really trying to get into the nuts and bolts of what frustrates CS/Customer-facing teams in an effort to try and drive as much value into his consultancy as possible. Pretty cool approach.

@Jim Ashley - happy to chat as well. Feel free to use the same link to book some time on my calendar. ;-)