CSM Office Hours - Meeting Notes (03-16-21)
A big thank you to @Anastasia Magnitskaia for capturing and sharing the notes below!
Please take a review of the notes and add your own!
Ice-breaker: "If you weren't in CS, what would be your passion career?"
Discussion question: What ways do you "tactically" capture voice of the customer?
Capturing Voice of the Customer
- Product Surveys
- Logging documentation into tools (SFDC, GS, etc)
- Crowdsourcing via customer forum, polls (i.e slido).
- Communities / forums
- Depending on customer potential / size, direct PM to customer engagement - monthly or quarterly calls + BETA groups.
- Put product roadmap for everyone to see, product team can connect directly with customers (quarterly public webinar)
- "What happened to my idea?"
- "...It seems like my feedback is going no where..."
- Who wants to be in the black hole?
- It is also important to review feature requests internally and making sure you talk to the entire team (this needs to be conducted regularly)
- Strategic customer segment vs. growth vs. the overall business
- How do you frame that interview? Know what customer measure value in.
- Important to engage leadership stakeholders, but that is always a challenge because they are busy, delegate things etc...
- Asking the right questions: Move out of just tactical feedback to the strategic or industry feedback
- Some companies use Facebook for community support- which accounts get access? How do you moderate that, etc?
- Know your audience - inviting the right people at the right time
- Adoption should be a team activity - product, sales, support and CS.
- Chat analysis- very time consuming but can be great for analytics.
Tools mentioned on the call:
Hotjar- looking at how accounts are using your product (may not work for all industries, such as cyber security)
Trello - project planning / feedback tracking
- All Categories
- 131 GGR Cafe
- 172 CS Conversations
- 960 CS Operations Conversations
- CS Org Conversations
- 205 CS Technology
- 648 Customer Journey
- 274 Digital CS (Engagement Programs)
- 32 Industry Insights
- 90 Metrics & Analytics
- 17 Value Realization
- 190 Strategy & Planning
- 15 Future Customer Success Professionals
- 7 Supporters of Gain Grow Retain
- 1 Gain Supporters
- 2 Higher Logic Vanilla
- 1 Totango
- 2 Grow Supporters
- 2 Catalyst
- 1 ChurnZero
- 4 Retain Supporters
- 1 Northpass
- Interested in Supporting Gain Grow Retain?
- Contact Us
- 17 Welcome to the Community
- 157 Job Board
- 173 Customer Success Leadership Community