Customer Onboarding Challenge

Options
Mark Flanagan
Mark Flanagan Member Posts: 26 Expert
First Comment
I've attached a report that we just published on The Onboarding Challenge. We surveyed the members of the LinkedIn group Customer Success Boston and asked them to describe the biggest challenge they faced onboarding their customers. Are these responses consistent with your own experience? Are there other challenges that you face?

Comments

• Daniel Zarick
    Daniel Zarick Member Posts: 6 Seeker
    edited April 2021
    Options
    This is really interesting, Mark! Thanks so much for sharing. You really hit the nail on the head on a lot of the points I've read in there so far.

We put together a similar guide about the challenges of customer onboarding based on a bunch of customer research last year: http://arrows.to/resources/onboarding-101/ They make a great pair!

(p.s. My cofounder and I met in Chicago, nice to see other midwesterners around here)
  • Mark Flanagan
    Mark Flanagan Member Posts: 26 Expert
    First Comment
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, Daniel, as well as for linking me to your guide. I'll take a look today. In the meantime, let me know if there's anything that really hits home in my report. One of our plans includes regular Zoom meetings to discuss pressing CS issues. So, please highlight topics you want to hear more about; or, let me know if there are any that you would like to present on in one of the upcoming Zoom sessions.

Stay safe...stay healthy
  • Daniel Zarick
    Daniel Zarick Member Posts: 6 Seeker
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @Mark Flanagan Oh that would be fantastic. I'd love to present about best practices we've seen during customer onboarding/implementation. 

The parts that really stood out to me, that we discuss in our guide too, is the silo mentality and the challenges of keeping cross-functional teams aligned. So so so critical and so many folks just laser-focused on their own job instead of what's best for the customers.