Customer Service Training

Options
Matt Myszkowski
Matt Myszkowski Member Posts: 143 Expert
First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
edited August 2023 in CS Org Conversations
Yes I know this is predominately a CS & CX community but as a CX leader responsible for Customer Support alongside Success, Onboarding & Training I need some help.

I've invested quite a lot of time and budget on training and enablement for my Success & Onboarding team but now I want to invest in upskilling my Customer Support team.

While they have a lot of the foundation skills, how can I elevate them in the SaaS world as Customer Support professionals? What training should I be looking at or thinking about?

Comments

• Shari Srebnick
    Shari Srebnick Member Posts: 111 Expert
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi Matt,

I also own the Customer Support function for our US org, and as I've just hired someone new, these are also things I am thinking about.  

Outside of learning our tech stack for support and all of the other foundational pieces (our software, etc.), these are some of the things I am thinking about, though you likely have considered these already/might be doing them now:

*How to have difficult conversations:  Though Support is mainly speaking to people via a ticket, it is helpful to be able to de-escalate if someone is upset, and transition to asking clarifying questions to help troubleshoot.

*Internal Change Agent: How to use data to influence.  This can be helpful for them to share and then partner with CSM's, and/or if they work directly with Product teams to come to a resolution to issues.

*Problem Solving and decision making - helps provide them with more ownership

*How Support relates to customer health 

I hope this is helpful.