CSM and CAM interactions (Customer Success Managers & Customer Account Managers)

Options
Mark Sims
Mark Sims Member Posts: 2 Navigator
edited August 2023 in CS Org Conversations
Community,

Who has experience or best practices around both the CSM's and CAM's working under the Customer Success umbrella?  
  • Customer Success Managers - responsible for onboarding and customer health
  • Customer Account Managers - responsible for the renewal motion and expand/AE liaison on cross sell
Looking for other places that have, or have grown into this structure (maybe grown out of it) and experience(s) with streamlining the communication with the customer as not to confuse the roles over the life cycle of the journey.

Thanks
MarkS

Comments

• KelliM
    KelliM Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

Hi Mark,

My team is currently on this exact journey. We (CSMs & AMs) are finding that we are doubling the workload, or both doing the same thing. I have been doing a lot of research but a lot of information out there is very vague and not helpful.

I currently do not have any best practices or processes we are following to share, although as things progress on my team, I will follow up.

• DbradyScaledCS
    DbradyScaledCS Member Posts: 11 Navigator
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

I'm building that type of team now. The team is offshored in the Philippines.

I aligned with the sales team on the handoff message. The outcome of the process is that the client knows the sales person is out of the picture and the CSM is. What's helped is the sales person scheduling the KO call with the client at the time of sale.

Happy to share more detail. Feel free to reach out.

• amy.drohan
    amy.drohan Member, CS Leader Posts: 1 Navigator
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

May I ask what offshore vendor you are using for CS duties, please?

• DbradyScaledCS
    DbradyScaledCS Member Posts: 11 Navigator
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

Absolutely! We are hiring CSMs as independent contractors. We use golance to manage the contracts. I do my own sourcing on LinkedIn.