Usage

Options
Dennis Doyel
Dennis Doyel Member Posts: 5 Seeker
First Anniversary
edited October 2023 in CS Technology
We currently use Pendo to measure time spent on our software.  We want to start measuring what elements of the software our customers are using/not using.  How do you do this?

Comments

• Laura (Sligh) Farron
    Laura (Sligh) Farron Member Posts: 2 Navigator
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi Dennis, Pendo allows you to track specific features using feature tagging. Once a feature is tagged, you can start to track how many users are engaging with that feature. It's pretty easy to set up. Once you have features tagged you can run all types of reports on them.
  • Andreas Knoefel
    Andreas Knoefel Member Posts: 74 Expert
    First Comment
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I use Smartkarrot to track usage behavior, Dennis.

I can see trends, compare one feature against another etc. Of value to organizations is the ability to drill down into the exact set of users exhibiting a certain behavior pattern and take downstream action accordingly. This behavior can also be mapped onto a dynamic segment and auto initiation of specific campaigns right out of the CS platform.
  • Sean Wilkes
    Sean Wilkes Member Posts: 13 Contributor
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2021
    Options
    +1 to this. We use Feature reporting in Pendo to spot both good and bad behaviour. It's easy to get carried away, but it's useful to find out who's using a specific feature, or if there are 5 places to do something, which one is most popular. On simpler solutions, you could probably also do some pretty good predictive modelling using this data. In our case there is too much complexity and too many Personas to rely heavily on this. But it's a useful check and allows you to to drill into a specific user's activity. Time on site is a useful check initially at go live to make sure users are in the app. But unless you are a video/social platform where time onsite is probably pretty meangful, you need to look for other indicators of value. Usage of certain features can support identifying the users who are getting more value, which might lead to intersting stories about value that you might otherwise never get if you're just looking at time on site.
  • Jeff Heckler
    Jeff Heckler Member, CS Leader Posts: 80 Expert
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment Office Hours Host 2022
    edited November 2021
    Options

1. I've pumped AWS into BI tools.  Great flexibility, cost-effective, decent for presenting.  Bonus: You can empower your CSXs to wrangle the best value.

2. Twice I've built CSPs out of CRMs.  Again, cost-effective and maximizes in-house/staff IP.

• Scott Jacobi
    Scott Jacobi Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    First Anniversary
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Has anyone integrated Pendo data into a CS Platform? We are looking at a few CS Platforms and I was hoping to learn of any success stories or pitfalls others may have experienced. Happy to talk offline if that is easier! 

Scott
  • Sean Wilkes
    Sean Wilkes Member Posts: 13 Contributor
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I'm not sure if we are pulling it in to SalesForce and SF syncs to Catalyst, or if we have it coming straight in to Catalyst. But MAU, WAU and a few other metrics come out of Pendo data in to Catalyst.