Salesforce Notes to CS Tool?

Options
Brian Nicholls
Brian Nicholls Member Posts: 7 Seeker
edited November 2021 in CS Technology

Hi Everyone, 

I am trying to find out if any CS software solutions allow you to take notes that are written in Salesforce and sync them to your CS Tool?

I know most CS solutions allow you to take notes in the CS platform, then sync those from the CS Tool to Salesforce.  But what happens if my CS team lives in Salesforce and keep notes there?

Notes written in CS Tool---->Salesforce: Yes, have found examples that do this

Notes written in Salesforce---->CS Tool: Have not found any examples of this. 

Thank you for your thoughts.

Tagged:

Comments

• Farah Alam
    Farah Alam Member Posts: 2 Navigator
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi Brian,

I currently use Custify and it has the following options for their Salesforce integration:

Data imported from Salesforce

• Import Contacts from Salesforce as People in Custify

• Import Accounts from Salesforce as Companies in Custify

• Import Notes from Salesforce as Notes in Custify

• Import Cases from Salesforce as Tickets in Custify

Data exported to Salesforce

• Export Notes from Custify as Notes in Salesforce

Hope this helps!

• Melissa Flygare
    Melissa Flygare Member Posts: 17 Thought Leader
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi Brian,

I'm curious - why would your CS team live in Salesforce if you have a dedicated CS tool?   I would expect to see CS living out of a CS tool & Sales to live out of a Sales tool (Salesforce).  That could be why you're having a hard time finding a CS tool that will pull notes in from Salesforce - that's not where CSMs would be expected to take notes & most CS teams don't want to clog up their CS tool with sales or marketing notes from Salesforce.   Wondering why you would want the CSMs to go back to Salesforce to make notes? 

~Melissa

Hi Everyone, 

I am trying to find out if any CS software solutions allow you to take notes that are written in Salesforce and sync them to your CS Tool?

I know most CS solutions allow you to take notes in the CS platform, then sync those from the CS Tool to Salesforce.  But what happens if my CS team lives in Salesforce and keep notes there?

• Mike Bash
    Mike Bash Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi Melissa - 

Not speaking on behalf of the original poster, however, one use case might be that you have CS and Sales partners on existing accounts.  In this case Sales might be adding notes to current customers in addition to prospects.  Would be helpful to see what Sales is saying about their meetings within the CS Tool.

Will be interested in hearing what @Brian Nicholls' use case is as well.
  • Jeff Heckler
    Jeff Heckler Member, CS Leader Posts: 80 Expert
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment Office Hours Host 2022
    edited November 2021
    Options

Brian,

Do you have a specific CS platform in mind/in use?

I'm curious - what's are the problem you're trying to solve with the CS platform?

Can you forget about the CS platform and create some custom objects and write directly (even if from another database) to SFDC.  

I know that there's a lot of functionality in these CS platforms, but it may make more sense for them to spin up a few custom objects and write directly from your database to SFDC vs getting a platform and the associated overhead necessary to maintain it.

I've used CSPs and I've built/DIY CSPs from CRMs...both have their places in the CS world. 

Jeff Heckler

Dir. of CS Solutions

MarketSource

• Brian Nicholls
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi Melissa, great question.  2 reasons: 

A) we never fully adopted the current CS tool for various reasons, so the team works in Salesforce from a comfortability standpoint (i.e., it was what we have used before, what the CSMs get trained on, and what is comfortable reporting wise).  

B) there are other teams internally that use the notes and add to those, which would make it nice to transfer them to our CS solution.  

Thanks again for your help.

Hi Everyone, 

• Brian Nicholls
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Yes, agree with Mike.  This is the most common case I see not only with us, but with colleagues.  

Thank you Mike for your thoughts.
  • Dickey Singh
    Dickey Singh Member Posts: 10 Contributor
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hey Jeff - How have you been able to calculate health scores in a CRM?  I ask because we have both types of customers, i.e., who have and do not have a CS platform.
  • Jeff Heckler
    Jeff Heckler Member, CS Leader Posts: 80 Expert
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment Office Hours Host 2022
    edited November 2021
    Options

@Dickey Singh

I've used BI tools to calculate Health Scores, outside of the CRM which can then be imported.

Thanks,

Jeff

MarketSource, Inc.
    ------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------
    Original Message:
    Sent: 11-12-2021 12:43
    Subject: Salesforce Notes to CS Tool?

Hey Jeff - How have you been able to calculate health scores in a CRM?  I ask because we have both types of customers, i.e., who have and do not have a CS platform.

Brian,

Do you have a specific CS platform in mind/in use?

I'm curious - what's are the problem you're trying to solve with the CS platform?

Can you forget about the CS platform and create some custom objects and write directly (even if from another database) to SFDC.  

I know that there's a lot of functionality in these CS platforms, but it may make more sense for them to spin up a few custom objects and write directly from your database to SFDC vs getting a platform and the associated overhead necessary to maintain it.

I've used CSPs and I've built/DIY CSPs from CRMs...both have their places in the CS world. 

Jeff Heckler

Dir. of CS Solutions

MarketSource

Hi Everyone, 

• Rob Kagan
    Rob Kagan Member Posts: 12 Contributor
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi Brian -

The following is a self-serving and transactional response - sorry. I just started working for a Salesforce native forms app, Youreka, that deals with creating forms that then integrate into Salesforce fields, records, objects.  I don't know if this is what you were thinking about. But basically, customers like Shell or The Wonderful Co, healthcare portals or even governmental agencies are creating forms to take notes, do inventory control, safety checks or well visits with patients that then synch with the relevant objects and fields in Salesforce.