What does your playbook template look like?

Options
Effie Mansdorf
Effie Mansdorf Member Posts: 76 Expert
First Anniversary
edited October 2023 in CS Org Conversations

Just got off of a productive mini GGR Office hours lead by @Daryl Colborne with other great participants, about building a CS team from the ground up. One of the tips that I gave was to start building a customer journey built of specific playbooks. 

My templates are built out of the following steps:

• Stage
  • Trigger
  • Purpose
  • Process
  • Deliverables

Here is one for a QBR (took out the specific tasks and directions, I hope the generic version makes sense). How do you set up your playbooks?

Tagged:

Comments

• Kevin Mitchell Leonor
    Kevin Mitchell Leonor Member Posts: 248 Expert
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

Criteria

Mockup

So I am not particularly gifted in Google Docs or Microsoft Word so I had to make something for how I envision it. But it isn't a reusable template because the moment I input something that is larger than the section, the entire template loses its format and aesthetic. Someday I'll figure out how to make it reusable. For now, I have my criteria and mockup template.

• Kevin Mitchell Leonor
    Kevin Mitchell Leonor Member Posts: 248 Expert
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

particularly, what i like about my criteria, is that it also accounts for risk, barriers to success, and post-play maintenance.

• Tammy Krieger
    Tammy Krieger Member Posts: 13 Contributor
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited June 2020
    Options

Thanks @Effie Mansdorf. We just finished defining our presentation template. Your post is timely because as a "doer" I often forget the important step of definition through a Playbook. Our team is small now but this type of documentation will make our lives easier as we grow.

• Effie Mansdorf
    Effie Mansdorf Member Posts: 76 Expert
    First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

Correct @Tammy Krieger , now is the time to do it - when your team is small. They can adapt easily and the process can be tweaked with minimal impact. 

• Sidd
    Sidd Member Posts: 32 Expert
    edited June 2020
    Options

Thank you for sharing this wit the wider audience @Effie Mansdorf , definitely sets the frameworks we need to assess while preparing the playbook!

• Archive User
    Archive User Member Posts: 24 Thought Leader
    edited July 2020
    Options

Thank you for sharing, part of my Business Reviews will also include "Cross Team Key Partnerships" for example, illustrate how the Customer Success Organisation partners with other cross functional teams to help drive over all customer experience.. Account Management Team - Global Customer Support - Consulting Services - Product Managers (outline high-level, roles and responsibilities of each) 

Illustrate that our Customer Success Organisation pro actively orchestrate cross function internal collaboration to drive successful business outcome.

Often, I find new people been invited to my Business Reviews, its a great opportunity to showcase our  "Cross Team Key Partnerships"