Looking for Totango and Gainsight Experience (Implemented and Used both)

Shelby Czarnota
Shelby Czarnota Member Posts: 11 Contributor
First Anniversary
edited February 2022 in CS Technology
Looking for insights from folks with experience who have run Gainsight and Totango in mid to enterprise space.   I hear many organizations go back and forth with technology decisions in the CS Platform space and I am very interested in hearing PoV from those folks with that experience.    Of course I have the mindset that swapping technology is often not the solution to core underlying process, people, data issues and while there may be marginal differences in feature / functionality in the technology, overlaying technology is often not the problem.
Tagged:

Comments

• Dror Sabbag
    Dror Sabbag Member Posts: 3 Navigator
    edited February 2022
    Hi.

Happy to share in my experience with Totango. 

Dror..
  • Brian O'Keeffe
    Brian O'Keeffe Member Posts: 197 Expert
    First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Insightfuls First Comment
    edited February 2022
    Hi Shelby! I used Gainsight for about five years and loved it. The cockpit feature was my favorite and allowed us to manage all CSM activity easily. I am at week six using Totango and still getting used to it. So far, so good. It is fairly intuitive and as I get more comfortable with it I suspect I will miss Gainsight less.
  • Shelby Czarnota
    First Anniversary
    edited February 2022

I should have provided a bit more context here.    At SAP we run both.   Selected Totango in 2018, and several acquisitions of SAP run Gainsight as part of their legacy they have brought in.    I am really looking for folks with experiences with BOTH and more on the ground experience on the +/- of each.   Not the brochureware comparison you get in the sales cycle.    Enterprise size experience a plus, given the requirements from an enterprise PoV are more relevant here than start up to mid size.  

• Dror Sabbag
    Dror Sabbag Member Posts: 3 Navigator
    edited February 2022
    Ok. I see. 
    Unfortunately I do not have experience with Gainsight.
  • Noelle Stewart
    Noelle Stewart Member Posts: 2 Navigator
    edited February 2022
    Hi Shelby,

I ran Totango for 2 years and then recently made the transition to Gainsight (about 1 month in). I am happy to speak with you about my experience in both systems. For us, swapping technology now was the best decision for the maturity of our organization.

Feel free to message me on LinkedIn if you would be interested in chatting. 

Best,
    Noelle Stewart
    Director, Customer Success
  • Cody Nichols
    Cody Nichols Member Posts: 2 Navigator
    edited March 2022
    Hey @Shelby Czarnota -

I have a background of bringing both Totango and Gainsight into Commvault and would love to share my background and thoughts to this. Scalability challenges for enterprise organizations, and offer feedback on our experience. 

Thank you,  

Cody Nichols
  • Cody Nichols
    Cody Nichols Member Posts: 2 Navigator
    edited March 2022
    Hi Shelby, 

I ran a Totango environment for about a year in an enterprise organization. Following that we immediately switched to Gainsight. 
    I would love to share the challenges, scalability factors, etc with you. 

Let me know if you'd like to connect on the phone! 

Thank you, 

Cody Nichols
    Director, Enterprise Success Americas
    Commvault
  • Shelby Czarnota
    First Anniversary
    edited March 2022
    Thanks Noelle, Just messaged you on LinkedIn to connect.
  • Andrew Cutler
    Andrew Cutler Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    edited March 2022
    Hi Shelby. We use Gainsight as our main platform at Software AG. We migrated a couple of acquisitions from Totango into Gainsight. As with all software just like the ones we sell, there are always pros and cons but some folks from our ops team might be able to share as they have admin'd both - German software vendor to German software vendor :).
  • Shelby Czarnota
    First Anniversary
    edited March 2022
    Thank you all for your responses.   I have reached out several of you on LinkedIn!