Inherited a CRM

Brian O'Keeffe
Brian O'Keeffe Member Posts: 214 Expert
100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Insightfuls 25 Likes
edited September 30 in CS Operations Conversations

I inherited a CRM that an acquired company was using. I do not see any way to get it up and running, even in the most nominal sense, without a complete redeployment from scratch.

I have experience working with an orphaned CRM. It had programs built but were inactive, but data was mapped to existing fields and systems. To get it up and running took a dedicated team working for months. Currently, basic data fields are missing, mapping is unclear or inconsistent, and there isn't a single program allowing us to copy, edit, and adjust to get us started.

Does anyone have experience reconfiguring a CRM?

Comments

• Heather Wendt
    Heather Wendt HLAdmin, Member Posts: 335 Gain Grow Retain Staff
    100 Likes Second Anniversary 25 Insightfuls 10 Comments

Those CRM transitions or relaunches are definitely complex. I have been a fringe participant in a migration but not in a reconfiguration… @Julie Fox, @Shaun Porcar, @Jordan Silverman, @Michael Click, @Michelle Wideman, @Jeremy Donaldson, @Ed Powers, @Matt Harmon, @AshleyGarza123 any thoughts or suggestions on who might be able to help?

• Antti
    Antti Member Posts: 5 Seeker
    Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

I've done it before with couple different CRMs

• Ed Powers
    Ed Powers Member Posts: 190 Expert
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls 25 Likes

If it's Salesforce, I have a great consultant for you. Happy to make an introduction.

• Brian O'Keeffe
    Brian O'Keeffe Member Posts: 214 Expert
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Insightfuls 25 Likes
    edited October 4

I have, too, and in my previous example, it was orphaned. The system was up and running, but there was no ownership, and all programs had been shut off. It took a lot of cleanup and reconfiguration, but we got it up and running, and it took a full-time data engineer, an ops administrator, and two full-time data analysts. In a more recent example, it is a much more complicated system, configured for a legacy company, and is used to track timeline entries and synch emails, but has no active programs running, no systemic knowledge, and no in-house resources dedicated to it. I made the very unpopular case that it is not possible to do a few simple tweaks and get it up and running. A full reimplementation and the cost that goes with it are needed.