How do you keep CSMs happy?

Options
Olivia_Williams
Olivia_Williams Member Posts: 5 Navigator
First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
edited April 2023 in GGR Cafe

Did you know that about 69% of current CS teams have quiet quitters? What's more alarming, 71% of CS teams had people physically quit last year, including 4.6% who had over 10 members leave 😳

So how do you keep your team happy & satisfied with their work?

Hi everyone πŸ‘‹

This post is directly related to an article Irina Vatafu, our head of CS, just published on the GGR blog:

After delving deep with our study and the connected articles, I'm curious about everyone's take on this - so don't be shy and leave a comment! πŸ˜‰

Thank you to @Heather Wendt for helping us with the article & generally being so nice!

Comments

• Heather Wendt
    Heather Wendt HLAdmin, Member Posts: 285 Gain Grow Retain Staff
    5 Likes First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Photogenic
    Options

Great and practical info included here...especially as our CS teams are often not as robust as they may have beein in the not so distant past. Important to be aware of the needs of the team and ways you as a leader can help your CSMs excel!

And thank you, @Olivia_Williams - it was really great to work with you on this!

• Michelle Wideman
    Michelle Wideman Member Posts: 54 Navigator
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

It may be old school, but I'm a big fan of quarterly employee NPS. I tell my teams, I'm good at a lot things, but I can't read minds, but if you provide valid feedback I'll do everything I can to implement positive change. If folk are hesitant to provide feedback in 1:1 the eNPS is an option for them to provide anonymous feedback. After receiving the eNPS results, I've always scheduled a team meeting to be transparent on the feedback and outline what we're doing as a result of the feedback. An example: received feedback that we've lost the "fun" at work so we did a Rockoly cooking class, we started meetings with music, for team meetings we kicked off meeting with a personal or work win of the week.

• Irina Vatafu
    Irina Vatafu Member Posts: 1 Navigator
    GGR Blogger 2023 Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

@Heather Wendt exactly! We should treat CS team members the same way we treat our customers...we should be focused on goals, celebrate milestones, share and gather feedback and create a seamless journey to success. If companies are genuinely interested in employees' happiness and success, employee churn will decrease, just like customer churn decreases when you find the right process to support your customers. 😊

@Michelle Wideman I feel this is the perfect example to support the theory above. It's a great idea, I'll try that too!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.