GGR Podcast - Renewals
Who owns renewals, and does it really matter?
The answer is 'it depends'...that response that can feel very frustrating, but in this instance, is quite well explained by @Julie Fox.
Having been on both sides of the ownership question, Julie has found that there are benefits to wherever it lives, and so many other variables in play that impact success such as:
- renewals not being based on a single relationship (customers won't renew just because they love their CSM)
- not happening in a vacuum, but rather are going to be decided on the larger experience
- CS is a team sport, and renewals are no different - everyone needs to be involved regardless of where it lives
Julie and Jeff then talk about some very practical ways you can help make sure your CS team is prepared to tackle the renewal process well and shares some ways she ensures her team is successful.
Are renewals the business of everyone at your org? What are some ways you can help encourage that mindset?
Leave a Comment
- All Categories
- 149 CS Conversations
- 958 CS Operations Conversations
- CS Org Conversations
- 182 CS Technology
- 616 Customer Journey
- 266 Digital CS (Engagement Programs)
- 31 Industry Insights
- 202 Metrics & Analytics
- 148 Value Realization
- 189 Strategy & Planning
- 13 Future Customer Success Professionals
- 121 GGR Cafe
- 7 Supporters of Gain Grow Retain
- 1 Gain Supporters
- 2 Higher Logic Vanilla
- 1 Totango
- 2 Grow Supporters
- 2 Catalyst
- 1 ChurnZero
- 4 Retain Supporters
- 1 Northpass
- Interested in Supporting Gain Grow Retain?
- Contact Us
- 17 Welcome to the Community
- 157 Job Board
- 173 Customer Success Leadership Community
- 176 Job Board Community