Customer Experience W/out SaaS

Options
Meghan Price
Meghan Price Member Posts: 7 Seeker
edited August 2023 in Customer Journey

Hi community! I joined about a week ago and first just want to say thank you to @Sara Bochino for introducing me. What a great resource! 

A little bit about me: I have been working as Head of Accounts for 3 years now at the company I work for, which has a very heavy focus on customer relationships and experience while also directly overseeing/managing most of our operations department. Now I am transitioning into a dedicated Customer Experience role where that is my sole focus. 

My question is, does anyone this group have experience managing customer experience touch points in a company that does not sell SaaS? I am really looking to learn more about:

• day in the life
  • customer feedback
  • customer management/communication
  • tools and priority focus

...ok I'm looking to learn a lot! haha Any information would be very helpful and greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Scott Morgan
    Scott Morgan Member Posts: 24 Thought Leader
    First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

Many of the SaaS principles can be applied to any business. My teams approach to our onprem product is the same as our SaaS product. With our onprem product we have to be more involved in the partnership to increase our data points and the CSM sentiment carries more weight. Our SaaS product collects usage data and other data that helps us automate the CSM engagement. We do have quarterly business reviews and frequent touch points with all our customers. The onprem is more manual than our SaaS, the principles are the same.

• Chrissy Hines
    Chrissy Hines Member Posts: 11 Contributor
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hi Meghan,

I highly recommend researching and applying Jay Nathan’s strategy- Protect, Invest, Nurture, and Grow. It’s simple and an extremely effective way of segmenting customers with appropriate customer engagement plans and the method can be used for both SaaS and B2B.  

Good luck!

Chrissy 

• Brian Hartley
    Brian Hartley Member Posts: 185 Expert
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hey @Meghan Price I used to do something similar in a previous life.  Would be happy to chat further if you would like.  Just let me know!

• Meghan Price
    edited July 2020
    Options

@Brian Hartley I would absolutely love that! Do you have a calendar link I could schedule with you on and take 30 minutes of your time?

• Meghan Price
    edited July 2020
    Options

Thank you @Chrissy Hines ! I will look into this!

• Brian Hartley
    Brian Hartley Member Posts: 185 Expert
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2020
    Options

Hey @Meghan Price I need to get with the times on the calendaring tools!  Would you mind shooting me an email: brian.hartley@rfp360.com and I can share some times for you?

• Jay Nathan
    Jay Nathan Member Posts: 108 Expert
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes
    edited July 2020
    Options

Thanks @Chrissy Hines we have continued to evolve that framework. See how this lands on you. I also went into more detail in this post (scroll to the bottom): https://community.customerimperative.com/post/high-touch-vs-low-touch-with-differing-contract-vehicles-5ef4f32294373f3193f8428e

@Meghan Price this framework applies broadly to many types of businesses. Would love to follow your journey and keep the conversation going right here as you explore.