Looking for a mentorship!

Options
Yash Shah
Yash Shah Member Posts: 7 Seeker
edited August 2023 in CS Conversations
Hello GGR Members and Leaders!

I hope everyone had a good weekend and is staying safe! My name is Yash Shah and here's a little bit about me: 

• Textile Engineer by education turned IT professional.  
  • 6+ years of experience in professional services, customer success, and program/project management, Cybersecurity GRC in Higher Ed. 
  • In my current role, I wear multiple hats of a CSM/Tech Lead/BA supporting analytics solutions implementations and work as a consultant directly with clients as well. 
  • Started as a BA in a professional services division and moved to the product side as a CSM for an EdTech iPaaS company. Managed full customer life cycle post-sales to post-production. Responsible for being SME of the product to solve business problems and own overall implementation.

Accomplishments:

• Awarded Most Valuable Client Services Provider of the Year of 2016.
  • Subject Matter Expert (SME) at CompTIA for the development of Data Analytics certification.
  • Google
    • Google Cloud Learning Workshop Spring 2020 Graduate
    • Selected for an eight-week developmental program that focused on skill-development, certification preparation, and exposure to the cloud industry.
    • Deployed Computing services, SaaS solutions, Setup IAM Policies, and maintained logging and monitoring solutions on GCP.
  • Certification: Scrum Master Certified (SMC), 2014  
Personally, I'm at the point in my own career where I feel I need some mentoring to more effectively maneuver my skills and build upon my functional technical background.

IT targeted domains: Cloud, Analytics and Cybersecurity

I would love to hear feedback from leaders and/or set up a cadence with a leader (according to their availability) to discuss further and nail down an action plan.

Thank you very much for taking time to read this and consideration!

Sincerely,
Yash

Comments

• Ja'Rod Morris
    Ja'Rod Morris Member Posts: 16 Thought Leader
    First Anniversary
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi @Yash Shah, I'd be open to mentoring you, but only if you see it as a good fit. Feel free to reach out, and we can have an initial conversation and go from there. One of the main questions I would have is, what are you looking to get out of the dynamic? What is the desired outcome for you?
  • Scott Morgan
    Scott Morgan Member Posts: 24 Thought Leader
    First Anniversary
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Please feel free to reach out. I am happy to help out.
  • Yash Shah
    Yash Shah Member Posts: 7 Seeker
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Thank you both, Scott and Ja'Rod for your responses. I will reach out to you guys soon!-------------------------------------------
    Original Message:
    Sent: 08-03-2020 16:20
    Subject: Looking for a mentorship!

Hello GGR Members and Leaders!

I hope everyone had a good weekend and is staying safe! My name is Yash Shah and here's a little bit about me: 

• Textile Engineer by education turned IT professional.  
    • 6+ years of experience in professional services, customer success, and program/project management, Cybersecurity GRC in Higher Ed. 
    • In my current role, I wear multiple hats of a CSM/Tech Lead/BA supporting analytics solutions implementations and work as a consultant directly with clients as well. 
    • Started as a BA in a professional services division and moved to the product side as a CSM for an EdTech iPaaS company. Managed full customer life cycle post-sales to post-production. Responsible for being SME of the product to solve business problems and own overall implementation.
    Accomplishments:
    • Awarded Most Valuable Client Services Provider of the Year of 2016.
    • Subject Matter Expert (SME) at CompTIA for the development of Data Analytics certification.
    • Google
      • Google Cloud Learning Workshop Spring 2020 Graduate
      • Selected for an eight-week developmental program that focused on skill-development, certification preparation, and exposure to the cloud industry.
      • Deployed Computing services, SaaS solutions, Setup IAM Policies, and maintained logging and monitoring solutions on GCP.
    • Certification: Scrum Master Certified (SMC), 2014  
    Personally, I'm at the point in my own career where I feel I need some mentoring to more effectively maneuver my skills and build upon my functional technical background.
    IT targeted domains: Cloud, Analytics and Cybersecurity

I would love to hear feedback from leaders and/or set up a cadence with a leader (according to their availability) to discuss further and nail down an action plan.

Thank you very much for taking time to read this and consideration!

Sincerely,
    Yash