CSM Career

Options
Paul Rosenbaum
Paul Rosenbaum Member Posts: 2 Navigator
edited August 2023 in CS Conversations
Hi All.

Just joined the community.  I attended a Meet up for CSM the other night and they recommended I get involved with this community.  I am looking to get into Customer Success Management and to that end my resume is attached.  I have years of customer facing experience in IT and SaaS and leading teams, and this seems like the natural transition I have been looking for.

Thanks for any recommendations, guidance and information.

Warm Regards,

Paul Rosenbaum

Comments

• Chase Tinkham
    Chase Tinkham Member Posts: 5 Seeker
    edited October 2020
    Options

Good morning Paul!

I hope that your day is treating you well. Glad to hear you're exploring this transition to Customer Success Management.

Your resume does look great! If I could make a recommendation, it would be to include some metrics similar to the decrease in support resolution time in your more recent role. Things such as:

• Oversaw procurement of IT for US Senate with a total overall savings of $123,456.78 YoY
    • Managed X individual contributors with a total book of business of $X.XXMM with a logo retention rate of X% and revenue retention of Y%. 
    • Decreased time to onboarding for on-prem solutions by over X%.
    • Etc.
    In general, these metrics will catch the eyes of recruiters and hiring managers. I hope these small tweaks contribute in part to your next opportunity. Best of luck as you charge forward, Paul! 

Sincerely,
    Chase
  • Paul Rosenbaum
    Paul Rosenbaum Member Posts: 2 Navigator
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Chase,

Thank you so much for reaching out.  I will make the recommended tweaks and see how it goes.

Warm Regards,

Paul
  • Chase Tinkham
    Chase Tinkham Member Posts: 5 Seeker
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hey Paul,

Absolutely my pleasure. Best of luck to you! Let me know what other blockers you're hitting. Happy to try and help if/where I can.

Thanks,
    Chase
  • Yanira "Janita" Sesniak
    Yanira "Janita" Sesniak Member Posts: 53 Expert
    edited October 2020
    Options

Hi Paul -

You've taken a great step by joining our GGR community. Here's a link to a few other actions you can take in pursuit of your CSM role. Let me know any questions or feedback you may have and good luck on your search!

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/3-ways-land-customer-success-role-without-prior-sesniak-m-ed-/