Quotes automatically sent to customers

Options
Christie Anderson
Christie Anderson Member, CS Leader Posts: 12 Contributor
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
edited August 2023 in CS Conversations

Hi all!

I have my team sending quotes to customers who haven't responded to any of our renewal automation by a specific date before their renewal. We get a lot of customers responding to the quotes being proactively sent and get some people who just sign the DocuSign right away.

I'm trying to automate this, so my team doesn't have to send these quotes manually. We use Salesforce, Gainsight, CPQ, and DocuSign. Does anyone have experience with having quotes automatically sent to customers either directly through salesforce or Gainsight?

TIA!!!

Comments

• Michelle Wideman
    Michelle Wideman Member Posts: 54 Navigator
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

@Joshua Vogel I believe tech questions like this are up your alley? @Christie Anderson I've done SFDC, Gainsight and CPQ before, and had triggers set, but never got to a point of automation, we had too many customized contracts. Way to be bleeding edge!

• Christie Anderson
    Christie Anderson Member, CS Leader Posts: 12 Contributor
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Thank you @Michelle Wideman!! What were some of the triggers you had set on yours?

• Brian O'Keeffe
    Brian O'Keeffe Member Posts: 200 Expert
    First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Insightfuls First Comment
    Options

I am working on something similar @Christie Anderson. I am using SF and Totango. What are the ways to provide renewal information, when to provide it and get a confirmation of renewal intent, along with putting Terms and Conditions front and center (so often they play games with this) and having that message act as a path to cancel for those customers we know we cannot/do not want to save and want to free the renewal team from spending resources on.

• Michelle Wideman
    Michelle Wideman Member Posts: 54 Navigator
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

@Christie Anderson, Oh boy, really going back to the archives of my brain as I had a renewals team that this was this focus, but I believe triggers and automations were set for renewals at 120, 90, 60, 30, 15, 7, and zero. Then if we hadn't received the email, 1, 15, 30 post renewal date.