We all need to send a little love to ourselves sometimes. How do you celebrate the wins and how do y
Would love to hear from the community. Here's a story:
Today, I had a customer who experienced these challenges:
- original CSM was unengaging and unresponsive so they requested a CSM change. They got me.
- Things improved and they were comfortable doing a one year extension to see how things continue to progress.
- Major outage changed their tune
- They wanted to go month to month (so at least we are keeping them and I have an opportunity to repair value)
- We told them they can't because one of their products is outsourced and doesn't allow month to month so they were looking to extend long enough to replace us
- They decided they only wanted to talk to me and not the renewals department. They pressed on me to cut a deal for them.
- I managed to set expectations and tell them about the benefits of them coming to the table
- They agreed to come to the table and provided legal and executive sponsor to the meeting scheduled tomorrow.
Rollercoaster. My leaders are impressed with how I got them to commit to the call.
I was well within reason to write this churn off as not my fault and would have been able to mourn without feeling responsible. Solid customer to work with so I would have mourned losing them, but instead I gave our company a chance to win them back.
- All Categories
- 131 GGR Cafe
- 172 CS Conversations
- 960 CS Operations Conversations
- CS Org Conversations
- 205 CS Technology
- 648 Customer Journey
- 274 Digital CS (Engagement Programs)
- 32 Industry Insights
- 90 Metrics & Analytics
- 17 Value Realization
- 190 Strategy & Planning
- 15 Future Customer Success Professionals
- 7 Supporters of Gain Grow Retain
- 1 Gain Supporters
- 2 Higher Logic Vanilla
- 1 Totango
- 2 Grow Supporters
- 2 Catalyst
- 1 ChurnZero
- 4 Retain Supporters
- 1 Northpass
- Interested in Supporting Gain Grow Retain?
- Contact Us
- 17 Welcome to the Community
- 157 Job Board
- 173 Customer Success Leadership Community