What's Your Customer Success Stack?

Options
shaneketterman
shaneketterman Member Posts: 13 Navigator
First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
Hi all, 

Super happy to have found this great community so I can both share and learn. One of the things developer's often talk about is their "Stack", or, the tools they use to produce products/solutions.

I was curious what other CSMs use to do their jobs and what "stack" of tools/products, etc. do you find to be most useful. I also wonder what role the big CSM products (Gainsight, etc.) play in the ecosystem of tools. 

So what is the tool set (stack) that you use and have refined over the years?

Comments

• ZayHanlonCX
    ZayHanlonCX Member Posts: 3 Navigator
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    Options
    Hi Shane - I've worked at a large enterprise where the stack was complex. Gainsight was the core/home base for CSM's, and ~70% of what they needed to do their jobs should've been able to be found there. 
    -Zendesk
    -JIRA
    -Aha!
    -Gainsight
    -SFDC
    -Tableau
    -Pendo
    -Monday.com
    -Amplitude
    -Webex Teams
    -Microsoft Office
    -Custom-built technologies
    -Degreed/SkillJar for the LMS

I'm now building a team at a startup, and our budget and needs are totally different. We're working with this today, and it's perfect for where we are, the number of customers we have, the complexity of our product, etc.:
    -Zendesk
    -SFDC
    -Google Slides/Sheets/Docs
    -Slack
    -Zoom
    -GitHub is our base for our company handbook, department run books, LMS, docs/training, etc.

-Evaluating between ChurnZero and Totango
    -Evaluating Pendo
  • shaneketterman
    Options
    WOW! Thank you so much @ZayHanlonCX this is incredible. I love that you mentioned building a team and having different needs; it seems that this really is the guiding principle in terms of how much and what to use. Zendesk is also at the top of my list and it's also great for getting a quick pulse on customer health - especially if your team pulls in the info using their API. 

Thank you again for sharing and this will also be helpful for others wondering about the current stacks!
  • Amanda Watson
    Amanda Watson Member, CS Leader Posts: 31 Expert
    First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Likes
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hi! This is so helpful! We are working on building our stack too.
  • shaneketterman
    Options
    Thanks a ton @Amanda Watson I really appreciate it and I'm in the same boat! I'd love to know once you have yours built out.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.